AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For my room size and situation would it be worth it for RC-R? Is their a very distinctive sound diff between the two considering my room?

·
Registered
29,190 Posts
If it was me I'd get the RC-10s.

What I did was get RC-10s front and RC-mini surrounds since they come with mounting brackets. But I got cherry color which are much cheaper ($99ea) than the RC mini in black. Unfortunately the cost of two RC minis in black is more than a pair of RC-10s so it makes no sense for you to buy them.

There is no right answer to your question. If you want bipole/dipole speakers, get the RC-R. If you can get them for $245/pr that's a bargain. They usually cost that much each.

Since it looks like you'd have mounting problems by your fireplace, maybe the RCR would work best for you? You could place it flush on the fireplace ledge and the other other flush on the wall.

·
Registered
29,190 Posts
"Flush" means you can place it directly against the wall or on the wall. There is no rear port on the RC-R like with the RC-10. With a rear ported speaker you should leave the speaker several inches up to 1-2 feet away from the wall to prevent excess bass or boominess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts