AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a compact HT speaker system for my living room, it will go with LG LG 55LH90 ( 55" LED TV ) and Denon AVR 1910 receiver, it is medium size room, 70% movie and TV, 30% music.

After research I narrow my choice to the following 2 system:

Energy RC-Micro ( sale for $400 )

Klipsch Synergy Quintet III ( arround $350 )

Which one is more powerful with better sound quality ? Any good deals on these 2 systems ? please help, thanks.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlin88 /forum/post/18281407

can anyone help ? thanks.

That is a nice receiver - maybe too nice if it is impacting what you can spend on speakers.

What subwoofer do you plan to use with the Energy Micro's?

Ron

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldoCombs /forum/post/18281447

That is a nice receiver - maybe too nice if it is impacting what you can spend on speakers.

Ron

I have a pair of big bulky speaker system ( Poineer Elite ) which I will use it in great room HT, I am thinking to use this Denon AVR 1910 in great room and buy a cheaper AVR for family room, or buy another better AVR for great room ?

I want a satelite or smaller speaker system in my family room ( I don't have the measurement now ) which is mid to good size ( around 300 square feet with 8 ft ceiling ), but it connects to breakfast nook and kitchent ( open floor ), there is a FP in the center of the wall so I have to place the TV in the front of FP, and I try to avoid using big speaker system for this HT. My budget can be $400 - $1000 for this speaker system including sub, but I saw Energy RC Micro on sale for $400 ( with $799 MSRP ) and it has good reviews, so I think it should be a good system to start with. I just don't know if it is powerful enough to fill up the room.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldoCombs /forum/post/18281447

Ron

I just order the RC Micro but not receive yet, I will use the sub comes with the system for now, and if it is not good enough, I will get Energy ESW-V8 Subwoofer to replace it.

Actually I am not sure about RC Micro , especially if the power is enought or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts