AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running a Jolida FX10 with the stock EL84 output tubes powering my Pioneer BS22 and the sound is very very nice. However, I have the upgrade bug and would like to try and get my hands on some Energy RC10's.

I think I recall reading that the RC10's are warm sounding and they might not be a good match with EL84 tubes. Does anyone have any opinions on RC10's paired with tubes?

·
Registered
29,106 Posts
Pretty much the only place to get a new pair or RC-10's is from Fry's. If you have one locally why not buy a pair and try them out. Then you'll know for sure.

You can always return them if it isn't a good match to you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a set of used RC10's from a member here. I'll see soon how they pair with the Jolida. While I love the pioneer's I'm hoping the energy are an upgrade over the BS22's. I'm sure they'll sound different.

I will say the RC10's seem like an odd story. Seems like they used to make them in Canada then at some point production got switched to China. I wonder if the China components are the same as the original Canadian? Also strange that the RC10's still come up for sale I'm guessing klipsch/energy still make them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone was/is ever wondering how the RC-10's pair with the Jolida FX10... One word is perfect! Deep bass even at low volumes. Clear yet non fatiguing highs. Very nice soundstage and the combo will go pretty loud if needed. Two thumbs up!

The RC10's are close to the pioneer bs22's that I was running before but I think the rc10's play lower and when the music gets complex I think the rc10's keep more separation between instruments. The rc10's also seem to play the high frequencies a little louder and clearer. They're not a huge upgrade but definitely, in my opinion, the RC10's are an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Absolutely an upgrade imo. Such a smooth detailed tweeter. Midrange is a little laid back. Very listenable speakers. I wish I hadn't sold mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.