AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wanting to change out my old speakers that was part of a HT in a box that i bought about 10 years ago. the room they will be in is about 13x12w with a 8 ft ceiling. i'm looking at the Energy Take Classic 5.0 and the Energy C-50 5.0 system . i have the denon avr 1610 on the way and i have a yamaha yst-sw90 (8 inch) sub. which one would be a good match for the room and the other equipment i have?

this will be for movies and tv watching, i don't listen to music in the house.

i don't want to spend a whole lot right now since it's a bedroom system but at the same time i want to get something good. the placement for these speakers isn't going to be ideal but it will have to do until i can get my own place to live.

Energy Take Classic 5.0

Energy C-50 5.0 system

·
Registered
45 Posts
Such a simple question, why it hasn't been answered already..

C-50 will be the better choice for you. They're small bookshelves, compared to just satellites on the Take Classic 5.0 system. The C-50s sound much better than any satellite system I've heard, better bass and overall meatier sound.

·
Registered
29,116 Posts
That question has been asked and answered 100 times before. A search in the Energy Owners thread would reveal that.

Get the C-50s over the Take Classics. Both speakers sets would work in that room but the C-50 would do a better job because of the larger drivers and fuller sound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts