AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, trying to decide on these two. Any input/user experience?

Room is approx 14x19

Onkyo 705 Receiver

·
Registered
29,190 Posts
I don't think the def tech 800 is a 6.1 system. Its a SIX PIECE system which means 5 speakers and a subwoofer.

Def Tech is probably better with larger drivers in the satellites. They definitely have a better frequency response than the Take satellites.

http://www.definitivetech.com/docume...Sys_SV1106.pdf

A 14 x 19 room is pretty large. I'd recommend bookshelf speakers over any satellite systems for a room that large.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I heard the original Take 5's in a room about the same size as yours and it worked very well, I haven't heard the classics so, YMMV.

·
Registered
29,190 Posts
I had the original Take 5 in my bedroom and thought they sounded good until I bought some bookshelf speakers. You're definitley making a compromise with satellites.

The Takes are definitely one of the better satellite systems if you have to go that route.

I've got a buddy with Take 5.2 setup in a large room. They just can't fill up all that space. If you're comparing it to just using the TV speakers, they yes its great but once you get some bookshelf speakers with a 5.25" driver or larger, you immediately notice how much better bookshelf speakers fill a large room.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am currently in a similar situation, trying to decide between ProCinema 800s and the RC Micro system. Any further input from fellow AVSers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts