AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the upgrade approval for the entire system from my better half. I have read through these forums until my eyes are bleeding.

Need opinions on speakers.

Room Size: 13' x 15' - TV is at the end of the 15', corner set up

Our current setup is an old Sony Dream system 5.1 HTIB. I would prefer not to go that route again, and would like some decent options on receiver and speaker.

I am looking at a few different receivers, but due to size of the cabinet space, I am leaning towards the Marantz 1601 or 1501

For speakers -I like the price point or both the Polk RM510 or the Energy Take 5.1 - or other recommendations. Small size speakers are needed

Speaker budget would be in the $400 range

Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
For your price point, you can't go wrong w/ the Take Classic 5.1. I couldn't find anything on the Polk 510s, but I found the 705s for similiar price. One difference is that the Takes have a 200W sub amplifier as opposed to the Polk's 100W.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooba /forum/post/19626502

I've got a set of Take Classics just sitting in my house collecting dust. You could buy them from me and save quite a bit of money

Why are they sitting? Did you get something else - or not like?

·
Registered
329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnedum /forum/post/19626603

Why are they sitting? Did you get something else - or not like?

upgraded. I have a fairly large room, and wanted a fuller sound. I stuck with the Energy brand because I like their sound. I now have RC-30s, RC-LCR, and CB-5s, with an Emotiva 12 sub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts