AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a pair of Energy Veritas 2.4 speakers and found that a new "i" series has been released. I have searched the internet, Energy web site and this forum and cannot find anything about what is "new" with the "i" series. Even the press release talks about technology that was already in the Veritas.

Anybody know anything?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dealer has the "I" series. They changed the front grill a bit. As far as sound the low range seems to be more open and powerful compaired to the older veritas. If it was me I would see if any dealers had the old series still. You could get them alot cheaper. I went on Audiogon and picked up a set of 2.8's for cheaper than the 2.3's. You might want to check Audiogon. I have seen Veritas before, but they go quickly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the V2.4i's and i am amazed at the difference. You do get a new grill and if you had the old with the new side by side they look a lot alike. If you look closely at the surround of the i's you will not more of a curve compared to the original V2.4. The main difference I have heard is the bass is cleaner and not as boomy as some might have thought with the previous model. One thing I've heard but cannot confirm is if the crossover was changed as well. Don't remember. Overall the i's are astonishing. Take a trip to your local retailer and give them a listen. As mentioned before if a Good Guys store has both the old and new together lsiten to them both. By now the should hopefully have been broken. Any Q's let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.