AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All;

I have just moved into our new home, and need some advise on setting up our new room. I am seeking some subjective advice as to how to best place speakers in the room. It is a challenging space at best, but I am confident we can make it sound great (with the help of this forum's members.)

A few things worth noting:

I am on a limited budget (I know this is relative) as we are also landscaping, adding A/C, window treatments, kids room decor, etc...

I currently have a great set of box speakers for the front channels: Energy Veritas 2.3i / 2.0 center. I have given up on using them as the door opens into the left speaker. I had to chose between a tiny screen and using the box speakers. I chose the former as we had a 126" screen in our prior home and I could not drop down to 80". I have purchased the Energy Veritas in-wall speakers and cut the walls on the left and right sides for the speakers. I plan to treat the walls as best I can using tips found on the forum (Glue / insulation / Extra screws.) I hope/pray to get sound close to my prior setup. Also, the center has been cut in 3" below the center of the screen. It is and Energy Veritas in-wall horizontal center.

My decision to get the Veritas in-wall speakers was due to the very positive experience I have had with the Veritas box speakers.

So now I am left with the challenge of placing my sub and surround speakers. The windows in the room make wall placement very difficult, but not impossible. Also, the couch is backed up very near the rear wall.

So what to do? Should I ceiling mount the surround / rear channels? Everything I have read to date suggests this destroys imaging.

I also have a few sets of Sonance in-ceiling speakers to play with. Should I use the bipoles or dipoles? Where should they go?

Any help is appreciated, I am attaching the following diagram for clarification.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Put the 2 veritas at around ear level seated so that they beam directly at you on the side. The problem is that you don't have enough rear clearance for the back rears so you will have to either move the couch forward and move the in-walls up accordingly and then you can put the in-ceiling speakers parallel to the back wall.

Also see if you can put the sub on either corner of the back wall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.