AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped out my bulb the other day along with my air filter (3rd one) and decided to enlarge the slots on my HS10. I did not download the pictures yet, but there is a lot more room for air to get into the project now (threw the filter).

Basically I took the cover for the air filter and pulled out my jigsaw. I extend every other slot about 2" towards the air filter. The blade width is close to the width of the slots, so it is not really noticeable (my crooked cuts are).

Not sure if it helps, I did not feel like putting the dirty air filter back in, but there is a lot more room for air to get to the filter now.

I will post pictures tomorrow if I have time to download them tonight.

On a side note, I was working on the projector while listening to Milli Vanilli. Memories.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I hope this works for you - I've always been a bit suspicious of the hs10 cooling.

one question does come to mind, though - how will you know if what you did helped?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will not know 100%, but in the hot summer days when the evenings do no cool down the fans would stay on high during movies. So if next year the fans do not kick on to high, I will know.

I figured it would not hurt it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.