AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hooking up my denon 1600 dvd player to the 3803 reciever. My question, in order to get all 5.1 channels for a dvd audio, do I have to hook up all the analog out channels, or just the left and the right? Will the reciever out put to all the channels from there? I realize that for a dvd I use the optical out put, however with a audio cd I was told that I must go analog. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
tomjames,

For DVD Audio, hook-up all of the analog outputs to your 3803. (DVD Audio in mainstream equipment must be connected via analog connections because of the audio industries fear of hi-quality coping of source material.) For DVD viewing or CD listening use either the Optical connection or the coaxial connection, leave the 3803 on Auto and it will sense the input for the DVD viewing or CD listening. FOR DVD Audio - select EXT IN on the 3803 to get audio out of the channels that are input. Also, in the system setup of the 3803 select the speaker combination that you want for Ext In. Also, when listening to DVD Audio and you do not care about the video images, select Pure Direct on the 3803 to eliminate the video processing on the 3803, this is suppose to produce cleaner sound. Also, Bass Management of your DVD Audio's must be done in the DVD Player, this may not be a problem for you if you have "full range" or "large" speaker all the way around, also the bass management will select the cross-over for the LFE (sub-woofer).

I have had my 3803 for about 3 weeks now, and I am continually tweeking it, my wife frowns at the fun that I am having.

I hope this helps, and it was not too confusing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.