AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just downloaded the dlc in which youcan also play the main story line in 3D. I want to hear what others think but imho i think its the worst 3D in a game so far. The game doesnt perform well to begin with and the bump down in graphics almost makes it feel lile a ps2 game. The lack of any AA is really noticeable now. It seems like the game itself is causing ghost images. By the way it looks it doesnt seem like my display is the cause of the problem. I dunno just overall dissapointed with 3D in this game. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh i forgot to mention it looks like the ground beneath you is rising (distorts). Makes it look like your running up a never ending hill. Also the decrease in brightness takes away from the beautifull landscape.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I DL'd it last week and posted impressions in another thread; and yes, the stereoscopic 3D support is pretty much broken. When playing the main adventure I noticed an odd shimmering effect around the characters (especially Trip's hair). There was also a pretty drastic drop in resolution; so much so that text became almost illegible. The sense of depth is marginally improved but hardly dramatic. The colors also appeared to be distorted somewhat. The game supports side by side and top bottom 3D modes but neither is particularly well implemented.

Adding insult to injury is the Pigsy DLC itself. I always found him a revolting character and this adventure does nothing to change that; I pulled the plug on the DLC about 2/3 of the way thru.

Disappointing all around in my book.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Jeesh!

Thanks for the heads up on this. Saved me some cash. I like the regular game and was hoping that the 3D would add that extra juice, but I guess not. The wait for a decent 3rd person action/adventure game continues. Maybe Uncharted 3 will have a 3D mode.

A guy can dream.... can't he?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1
...Maybe Uncharted 3 will have a 3D mode.

A guy can dream.... can't he?
Now THAT would be awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.