AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been enjoying the Region 2 "Hong Kong Legends" Series of Bruce Lee movies that have far superior DVD transfers compared to the garbage transfers that Fox has decided to release here. So I decided to buy the Region 4 PAL DVD version of "Enter the Dragon: Special Edition" and compare it to my Region 1 NTSC DVD. The exact same film print was used for both transfers, so blemishes & dirt were in exactly the same places on both DVD's, the most noticeable improvements that I observed were in the Colors, Contrast, Resolution, and Edge Enhancement!. The Region 4 PAL DVD displayed a more improved saturated color and contrast than the Region 1 DVD, whose image always seemed too dark and muddy to me, resolution was obviously increased due to the PAL format, but the real bonus was in the major decrease of EE on the Region 4 DVD, which seems to plaque most of our Region 1 DVD's. So if you are a Bruce Lee fan like I am and have the ability to view PAL DVD's, I strongly suggest that you replace the REGION 1 NTSC for the REGION 4 PAL!.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.