AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCIFI.com is reporting that "Enterprise" will be changing names to "Star Trek: Enterprise". If you tape it be sure to watch your listings to see if the name changes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...09/23/12.30.tv

Enterprise Now Trek

UPN confirmed to SCI FI Wire that its prequel series Enterprise will officially change its name to Star Trek: Enterprise with the Sept. 24 episode. "It's just a natural tie-in," a UPN source said in an interview. "Everyone calls it Star Trek anyway."

The network sent a memo to its affiliates on Sept. 23 informing them of the change. "Over the past few weeks our marketing and publicity efforts have been using Star Trek: Enterprise for promotional purposes, and by formally changing the show's title, we will be able to further capitalize on and form a stronger connection to the famous and highly successful Star Trek franchise," Diane Kuri, UPN's director of communications and operations and CBS/UPN affiliate relations, wrote in the memo.

The new name is one of several changes that UPN has made to the prequel show in an effort to boost ratings as Enterprise begins its third season.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Newsflash: The show still sucks. Not as bad as Voyager but still very, very bad.

(I wish the space crickets & space seals would get their own spin off show)

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
How the heck can a name change like this 'boost ratings'?! "Gee, I *never* knew it was the *Star Trek* Enterprise they were talking about... now I *love* the show!"

:D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I agree that the show is the worst for star trek, but some of us are still die hard fans. If the show does not get better this year we probably will not have any issues with Enterprise anymore to talk about.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Star Trek Rule #1: The 3rd season is when all (That's right I said ALL) Star Trek shows get better and hits its stride. They don't call it The Franchise for nothing ;)

If you have not been watching Star Trek: Enterprise . This is the time to start :p

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
(I wish the space crickets & space seals would get their own spin off show)
My vote would be for the Vulcan chick to get a spin off. Nay, just her torso. That'll do.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't understand the vitriole toward Enterprise. It is probably one of the best ST's I've ever seen. Right up there w/ TNG and DS9

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Yeah, but T'Pol looks hot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
True....she doesn't look so hot in the original STARTREK.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jones07
Star Trek Rule #1: The 3rd season is when all (That's right I said ALL) Star Trek shows get better and hits its stride. They don't call it The Franchise for nothing ;)

If you have not been watching Star Trek: Enterprise . This is the time to start :p
The exception to the Jones Corollary is Voyager, which started bad, got worse and then dragged itself across the finish line like poop rolling downhill on a hot summer day.

TNG, great after 3rd season. DS9 even better.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well, maybe the name has been changed to protect the innocent, but here in LA, it's still called Enterprise in the Replay Guide for today and at least next week.

Bye. :cool:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Look closely ... she got a beak job since the last season!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leesweet
How the heck can a name change like this 'boost ratings'?! "Gee, I *never* knew it was the *Star Trek* Enterprise they were talking about... now I *love* the show!"

:D
Well, it could be a business show about enterprising businesses. :)

But I can actually say that I didn't realize that "Smallville" was about Superman's youth because I only heard the name and snippets of info about it being a teen drama. It wasn't until the middle of the first season that I realized that Smallville was THE Smallville.

So I can see some casual Star Trek fans might not have made the connection, but they'd have to be without ReplayTV or not get UPN. Or surf the web or read newspapers, or... :)

Quote:
Does your husband know you're a lesbian? :) j/k

Quote:
Originally posted by AJStone
True....she doesn't look so hot in the original STARTREK.
It's not the same T'pol. At one point they concidered making it the same character, but now they're officially not connected (could change down the road, of course).

As for the name change:

Well, I guess they couldn't get the non-trek crowd to tune in and now they're trying to give it a bit more exposure as 'Star Trek: Enterprise'

What I'd think might help is to feature special episodes that feature the other Enterprises in some way (I can just see Archer s***ing his pants seeing the Ent-D dawrfing his tiny NX-01 :) ). I've often wondered if the future time-war might have lead to an Enterprise-F showing up, or NX-01 ending up lost in the future forever.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I agree with the Season 3 hypothesis, and also the assertion that voyager was the exception to that rule.

Although, I did think that the Voyager series finale kicked butt, although that may have just been the overwhelming sense of relief that the show was over.

·
Registered
615 Posts
FYI, I'm watching tonight's episode now and the name used in the opening was:

"Star Trek"

"Enterprise"

So, at least that's been changed already. Schedules will probably get updated over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
By far Enterprise is the best Trek produced to date when compared season to season.

TNG first couple of seasons were nothing but a bunch of "Hey look this happened in the original Star Trek" episodes.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I don't know why everyone knocks Voyager.. I liked it.. it definitely was doing better than Enterprise is at this point in its run.. sadly I keep watching Enterprise every week with the hope it will get better like Voyager did..

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I enjoyed Voyager never messed an episode. But to be fair it's listed last in in my book But it was more then watchable.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.