AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new entertainment wall is literally being delivered now as we needed more storage space and a good centerpiece for a small living room space (22 x 15 with 10 ft ceilings).

I currently have a Panasonic plasma TH-42PHD8 (no speakers) where I run the sound through a ~20 year old Technics high school all in one stereo...no joke.

So now I get to buy a receiver and speakers but don't know where to start outside of CNET and Consumer Reports reviews. I have been considering the Pioneer 1019AH-K but overall I am not looking to go over $1000 with the whole purchase. Here is what I am looking to hook up:

DVD - Pioneer DV-444 (not blu-ray)

Wii

HD DVR - Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD

That is it for now. I suppose I'll have to purchase a CD player but we don't use that much anymore. Would consider a blu-ray upgrade but I am not dying for it. Use an iPhone/iPod, hence the interest in the 1019.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

· The Village Idiot
9,839 Posts
If your $1k budget includes the AVR sub and speakers I'd suggest buying an AVR around the $3-350 mark and use the rest on speakers/sub. There are many decent receivers in this price range - Denon 590/1610 - Harman Kardon 254/354 (HK's ebay store) - and the Onkyo SR607/RC160.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check out those lower priced AVRs. Apparently the Pioneer 919 is similar to the 1019 but just doesn't have the upconverter to 1080P. My Panasonic is almost 5 years old so it only supports 1080i anyway.

Any suggestions on investing in the speaker/sub side?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.