AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss needs to get 2 receivers for his beach house that he rents out during the summer month's. Therefore, they need to be some what idiot proof and take some abuse from tenants. One does need to be at least 5.1 for the main room, the 2nd one is going into a billard/bar room and he thinks that is only a 2 channel receiver. Couldn't tell you what he is really looking to spend, my guess is around 2-300 a piece. What's comical is that the home is probably worth over a couple of million; therefore, I couldn't help but give him a hard time.

Also who would you recommend he check out on line.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Given your lack of mention of sound quality, output power and such, the biggest factor is HDMI support. Your boss can save money by getting last years models, without HDMI 1.3 as I am going to guess he does not care about lossless audio off Blu-ray.

Look at the Yamaha RX-V659 if HDMI support is a non issue.

One more thing to think about is HDMI video support. If he wants to use a 1080p upscaling DVD player over HDMI, make sure the AVR supports this.

For Stereo, anything will work, but it makes sense to buy some reasonable clean power. Just get any decent closeout price receiver from Yamaha, Denon, Harmon Kardon, or Onkyo and you will be fine. Sony may be ok, but it's not my first choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response Michael. He doesn't care about HDMI, I'll tell him about this receiver tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts