AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Girls,

I while ago I started looking into building a new home theatre system (refer http://www.avsforum.com/t/1464373/looking-for-advice-didnt-know-where-to-ask#post_23140195 ), I ended up deciding to base it of separates instead of an AV Receiver.

So now I'll ask my next question what processor and amp combo to use, so far both the Rotel RSP-1572 and the Sherbourn PT-7030 appear to be viable options, I'm trying to find comparisons between these and other similar setups with a multi channel amp around the 150-200w mark, eg Sherbourn PA7-150 etc.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
I used Rotel gear for years and found them to be well built and reliable. Also when I had a faulty Preamp that wouldn't properly decode DTS-ES sound tracks I asked Rotel if there was anything they could do. They told me to send back the preamp and they replaced it w/the new model at no extra charge. So I will give them a thumbs up for excellent customer service too. As far as Sherbourn they've been around for years and have a solid reputation. They are part of the Emotiva company now and from what I've read they also give excellent customer service. I would look at the features and decide what your comfortable with. I think you'll be happy either way. In my case I'm partial to Rotel because of my experience w/their equipment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to build a system that is 110/240v compatible because I'm living in America at the moment, but I'll be moving back to Australia eventually, it limits my selections to some of the smaller brands instead of the more mainstream brands like Marantz/Denon or Integra/Onkyo etc which is a shame, but I guess I can upgrade the processor later and just keep the amp.... The beauty of separates over an AV Receiver.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyFeet  /t/1468553/entry-level-separates-sherbourn-vs-rotel-vs#post_23223500

Anyone care to shed some light on this topic? Owners of either of these Processors, or another similar processor?

Hi itchy feet I use a 23ov switching emo umc200 down here and the xmc1 is another candidate when it turns up/ is timely ; it incorporates dirac room eq in it's latest iteration btw . The oppo universal players are also dual voltage if you need a source though aus spec versions are available here too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts