AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on this for days and I'm about to give up! I had this working before with Windows 7 (32-bit), but something changed and now I can't get any Dolby digital or DTS detected on my receiver. I'm running SPDIF from my Chaintech AV-710. I have tried multiple drivers (5.40a, 5.40f), and currently have 4.73b installed. I also have installed AC3filter, WM Classic, and have tried Zoomplayer, VLC Player, PowerDVD, and still no surround. I do have sound from my receiver, but it just isn't detecting the Dolby or DTS like it should be. I have read threads for hours and have tried just about everything. I know there is a trick to setting up the VIA "Audio Deck" control panel in order to get it to work, so maybe that's my only problem. If anyone could give me any help I would greatly appreciate it. Or, if anyone has a suggestion for a cheap, Win 7 compatible sound card with Toslink, that would probably be helpful too! Thanks again for everyone's help...

Josh Stevanus

·
Registered
701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychou /forum/post/18182195

Try this guide!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ch...r-08-a-230506/

Unfortunately that guide is for using the surround outs in high quality mode to use a secondary wolfson dac on the card for very good bit-perfect 2 channel audio.

I can't actually help you set it up, just didn't want to get confused looking at the guide.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I don't know if this helps(I use WinXP) but using the guide above I can only get DD/DTS using Reclock. I use headphones on the Alt out port and have toslink connected to a receiver for movies. Here's how I have it set it up

Using this setup my receiver lights up with Dolby Digital and DTS.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I also have an old AV-710 sound card I wanted to use. I found your other post and tried the guys reply link and the driver seems to work in Win7 64bit. I don't know about the optical out but the other drivers wouldn't even install on Win7 and these sail right through.

See post 445 in the link below.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ch...ml#post6478178

1 - 5 of 5 Posts