Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you seen this?

http://www.interact-tv.com/index.php?EOS

The underlying power behind Tellyâ„¢, EOSâ„¢ is a software platform designed from the ground up to enable development of compelling, entertainment-centric digital media management products. EOSâ„¢-based products are extremely flexible and can run on multimedia PCs or other embedded entertainment commodity hardware.

We can port our technology to whatever hardware you're using and we offer a variety of working relationships with partners. Interact-TV is always seeking partners who are interested in leveraging our technologies.

The EOSâ„¢ software architecture is a series of software APIs (Application Programming Interfaces).

EOSâ„¢ APIs

ItvGUI: User Interface and Media Management designed to support entertainment based applications. UI Widgets, Flash 4/5, MPEG Video, Audio, Graphics, Truetype fonts, event management, remote control interface. It integrates all of the various media types to generate compelling user interfaces.

ItvXUL: XML based description language for describing itvgui based applications.

EOSâ„¢ Media Manager: Integrated database with media management support. SQL syntax, multiple connections for concurrent updates and management. Targeted at supporting a multi-user, multi-unit solution for the home.

ItvAppMgr: Application management including the application database, starting/stopping of applications, resource management and integration with the window manager (if the platform supports a window management system).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I like the idea, is similar to what I proposed, so why don't we start a new project (with website, cvs tree, forum etc..) with the aim of creating a similar os, obviously open source?

I will open a new thread on the topic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.