AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the net, avs, and hts and haven't found any hard number/analysis.

I'm looking to buy one or the other today for my sub that I just got all together and I'm a little confused about the difference between the 2500 and the 4000.

I've read that they're the same, and then other people say the toroid is bigger in the 4000. Is it really just a rebadge or are some of the internals reworked?

Also, where's the best place to get them for a deal? Which one is recommended? It will be on LF duty since it's for a LLT sub.

· Registered
3,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornflght /forum/post/18124684

I'm looking to buy one or the other today for my sub that I just got all together and I'm a little confused about the difference between the 2500 and the 4000.

I've read that they're the same, and then other people say the toroid is bigger in the 4000. Is it really just a rebadge or are some of the internals reworked?

From someone who posted the pictures of both on here, they have the same diameter torroid... the same number of output devices, the boards look physically the same, and they weigh the same.

I'd say it's 99.999% chance of a re-badge.

· Registered
2,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornflght /forum/post/18124774

Alright guys, thanks for the info. I'm off to order a beastly amp.

I'm really excited for this amp. And I'm going to be running it at 8 ohms so I'm looking lot of low-distortion high-headroom power.

What are you going to be running it to?

dbl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.