AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have several digital stations in our area including HD streams. Our local PBS affiliate assures me it is transmitting Program Guides but my HD 100 does not decode them All the locals show 'No Information Available'. The EPG's work fine on DSS channels. Any ideas if this Sony STB CAN decode terrestial EPG's ? I tried calling Sony but got a language challenged helper who went over the same data for 15 minutes until I rang off. Any HD 100 users who can decode the guides ?

· Registered
14,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by panoral
We now have several digital stations in our area including HD streams. Our local PBS affiliate assures me it is transmitting Program Guides but my HD 100 does not decode them All the locals show 'No Information Available'. The EPG's work fine on DSS channels. Any ideas if this Sony STB CAN decode terrestial EPG's ? I tried calling Sony but got a language challenged helper who went over the same data for 15 minutes until I rang off. Any HD 100 users who can decode the guides ?

I think i heard from somewhere that DirecTV has a strict EPG policy that it only pulls guide data from them when an STB is in "sat mode," meaning that it is set to receiver sat signals and OTA signals. and not the OTA EPG. If D* doesn't have the OTA stations data, they can't include it and it shows up as unavailable. I have the Sammy 160 and does that. I tell it that there is no sat dish connected to it and let it OTA only and the local station EPGs work.

If you can try that with the Sony, see if that will bring in the EPG's. Of course when you go back to sat mode any data that the STB has stored will only be there until the stored data runs out.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,foxeng,I'll try that

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Sony HD 100 does not allow me to 'disconnect' the sat signals. Thinking about it,how would DSS be doing anything with the OTA signals-these are UHF,not satellite, controlled entirely by the terrestial stations who apparently add in the EPG ?. They may be getting their feeds from a national feed but I think they ultimately control what is broadcast including the EPG coding. Please correct me if I am wrong !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.