AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading all about the new empire.ive got jamo x5 sub 12in. 100 watt sub. it just doesnt fill the room withbass but it sounds good.i like hiphop party music . but i listen to all kind of music. i want to be able to shake the house sometimes.my room is 22 by 29 with 15 ft ceilings. is the empire gonna do that. or will i be dissapointed. give me some feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was interested in the klipsch synergy 12 which is discontinued. i saw it had good ratings.until i discovered epic and ed.i just liked the two 15s in the empire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do u think about jamo x5 or jamo subs period? i wpouuld figure by the way everyone talks about the empire i wouldnt even hear the x5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
My room is a little over 1/3 of yours and I have 2 Epi"k" Phoenix 18" subs. It is just enough to shake the house. That might be able to put things into perspective for you.


You spoke of getting a 12" sub. Not going to help you. I would suggest you get 4 Epi"k" Empires. That would be 8-15s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
Well ... I can't say for sure how much it will fill a room that size but a single empire would certainly put your current sub to shame. If you're just looking for more volume and some deeper output than what you have, 1 might satisfy your needs. Shake the house? Get 2+.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
whats your budget? A room that size, and the need to "shake" it, I'd go with two eD ported 15" subs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess i was exagerating when i said i wanted it to shake. i meant i would like to feel it all over the room. if i take away the kitchen and the hall my room is 18 by 22. if i spend a 1000 on a sub i dont want to be dissapointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
You've got a HUGE room to fill. My room is 4000 cubic feet and seems to be difficult to pressurize because it is open to the rest of the house. I have dual Empires for my room and they are amazing.


You said that if you spend $1000 on a subwoofer you don't want to be disappointed, and I can see your point.
For $799 I don't think that you can get more subwoofer than the Empire. I've been amazed by its performance. The Empire also has huge output for music. It is is like having two subwoofers since it has dual 15's.


I still think that you need to be realistic about your room. 10,000 cubic feet is a huge space. I can't find anything about that Jamo X5 subwoofer online. I have owned more expensive subwoofers from store bought brands that cuoldn't hold a candle to the Empire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
Take away the kitchen and hall....still leaves you with a big room
. I see the A5 350 is $800 a piece, so two would be $600 over budget. How about the A7 350 for $1200. Shipping is free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive got jamo x510 up front. infinity sm125 in the rear . with a upa 2 on them. paradigm centerchannel and rear speakers on the wall 510s and paradigms on integra 6.3 reciever. i got plenty of highs. i have to have the bookshelves up front . nowhere to put floorstanders in front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
I have a room similar to yours without the 15 foot ceilings and I have an Epik Sentinel. I should have gotten 2, but I am still pleased with the one. As previously stated, visit the Epik thread and everyone can give you some help. Just remember, some of these guys like to have the foundation move-not that there is anything wrong with that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish95 /forum/post/18197227


I have a room similar to yours without the 15 foot ceilings and I have an Epik Sentinel. I should have gotten 2, but I am still pleased with the one. As previously stated, visit the Epik thread and everyone can give you some help. Just remember, some of these guys like to have the foundation move-not that there is anything wrong with that.

Is there another way to listen to music? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTBigman /forum/post/18196907


Take away the kitchen and hall....still leaves you with a big room
. I see the A5 350 is $800 a piece, so two would be $600 over budget. How about the A7 350 for $1200. Shipping is free.

I think two A5-350s while over budget would be great for that room and even out the room more than one sub. Shipping is free (or factored in) with all eD subs though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
DoubleATheater, initially I thought that way first. But


1) HipHop is not a genre you play at "listening levels"
. At least I don't. The bass is pounding.


and


2) Starting with a big, overbuilt, beast as the A7 350, I'm taking into account that michwill36 will continue to roam the avs forums subwoofer section an eventually think about getting another identical one to "smooth out the room response". So the budget for his 1st sub is $1000. Later this year, or the next one, he doesn't know it yet, but he will allocate additional funds for a second sub. (I've been here for a while. michwill36...we all eventually do get a 2nd sub or upgrade or try something new
)



Of course, that's humble my opinion. I haven't heard the A7 350, but it looks mamath and impressive and built to take a pounding. Should be killer for movies as well. michwill26 can do as he pleases.


mich gots the space. Start big first. The whole house should tremble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
hmmm....reading michwill36 6th response, it sounds like there is not much space for a big sub up front- much less two. The Empire is very musical tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTBigman /forum/post/18200579


DoubleATheater, initially I thought that way first. But


1) HipHop is not a genre you play at "listening levels"
. At least I don't. The bass is pounding.


and


2) Starting with a big, overbuilt, beast as the A7 350, I'm taking into account that michwill36 will continue to roam the avs forums subwoofer section an eventually think about getting another identical one to "smooth out the room response". So the budget for his 1st sub is $1000. Later this year, or the next one, he doesn't know it yet, but he will allocate additional funds for a second sub. (I've been here for a while. michwill36...we all eventually do get a 2nd sub or upgrade or try something new
)



Of course, that's humble my opinion. I haven't heard the A7 350, but it looks mamath and impressive and built to take a pounding. Should be killer for movies as well. michwill26 can do as he pleases.


mich gots the space. Start big first. The whole house should tremble.

The A7 350 would be a sweet sub if you have the coin and space.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top