AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah this is a thing, how do I go about replacing this amp? Does anyone know the guy behind the company that might know or have an amp sitting around?

I loved the sub when it was working, glad it was sealed well because it snuffed its own fire.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they are out of biz sadly. I just figured people here would know a good replacement. Hopefully one that pretty much will pop in and "look" the part.

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
You can read thru the last few months of the Epik thread but don't think anyone found one that popped right in altho I do remember someone finding a plate amp that required only a little modification to the box. The daveds50 member I mentioned does amp repairs but believe he might be on a project that limits his time for this sort of work....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Ouch! That blows....:eek:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
One of my amps about twenty years ago went up in a flash of fire/smoke. You were lucky a fire did not start.

I would check Parts Express for a replacement amp. I have used two PE replacement amps. They are considered quite good in the DIY forum. Often the replacement amp will not fit exactly. In one situation, I had my son glue 2" x 4"s in a rectangular shape to the back of my subwoofer. He needed to extend the speaker outputs from the amp so that it would stretch to the driver. I had to have a 8"x12" shape for the 500w PE BASH amp. The original plate amp was 13"x7".

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
You could of got out some meat and the barbecue sauce, lol. My Epik die also. To bad as consumers we have no recourse. I brought an I Nuke DSP amp as a replacement. Then I ended up selling the driver to someone else.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
hmmm looks like a fun project to try and repair it if you know the right people.

Everything can be repaired, some people just like the challenge.

Nashou

1 - 8 of 8 Posts