AVS Forum banner

Epik Empire caught fire.

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  nashou66 
#1 ·
So yeah this is a thing, how do I go about replacing this amp? Does anyone know the guy behind the company that might know or have an amp sitting around?

I loved the sub when it was working, glad it was sealed well because it snuffed its own fire.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
You can read thru the last few months of the Epik thread but don't think anyone found one that popped right in altho I do remember someone finding a plate amp that required only a little modification to the box. The daveds50 member I mentioned does amp repairs but believe he might be on a project that limits his time for this sort of work....

#6 ·
One of my amps about twenty years ago went up in a flash of fire/smoke. You were lucky a fire did not start.

I would check Parts Express for a replacement amp. I have used two PE replacement amps. They are considered quite good in the DIY forum. Often the replacement amp will not fit exactly. In one situation, I had my son glue 2" x 4"s in a rectangular shape to the back of my subwoofer. He needed to extend the speaker outputs from the amp so that it would stretch to the driver. I had to have a 8"x12" shape for the 500w PE BASH amp. The original plate amp was 13"x7".

#8 ·
hmmm looks like a fun project to try and repair it if you know the right people.

Everything can be repaired, some people just like the challenge.

Nashou

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.