AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I haven't heard much about the Paradigm, but I'd bet on the ported Paradigm doing a more impressive job with movies than the sealed Epik.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking that too the Paradigm may give me better output since it is ported. But the Epik Valor might give me better mid-bass impact for movies. I thought about the Knight, but its just too big. Decisions Decisions!!!!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I don't think the Paradigm has a chance against the Epik. Look where the Valor falls on the CraigSub rankings, and look what is just above and below it...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
For 100% movies you could get a3-300 with upgraded driver, it would be approximately same size as Valor and would have more output and be cheaper, although probably falling a bit short of Valor in sound quality, but no slouch in that area either. But if you have as much money as the dsp 3400 costs, you should try fitting a bigger sub in, since you can rotate it in any way or lay flat on its side. Knight/Caliber/a7s-450 would be way better than either of your choices for HT.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My opinion here is based on myself being an owner of a Paradigm DSP-3400.

I haven't heard the Epik so I cannot comment on it.

I do have to say that the DSP-3400 is King Kong when it comes to playing movies. It is solid, clean, and goes very deep without any effort at all. Everything it plays is done so effortlessly without annoying boom. Quality is second to none. I'm very pleased with it's performance all the way down to below 20hz.

Try to see if you can go and test one out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have just ordered this Sub. Bu set up is Monitor Audio Speakers, Denon AVR 1911 room size about 5000 cubic feet (Not very Big) I listen to mostly music. how do the experts feel ?

Cheers

"We live beyond our means on other peoples Dreams - and that succeeding" Janis Ian

·
Registered
397 Posts
Your first post here and you resurrect a thread from over two years ago comparing two subs.... one of which is no longer being manufactured.

How do the experts feel about what?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts