AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a epson 1080ub that I am having a problem with. When the power button is pressed the light blinks green like it is starting up but never does. Also never blinks any other color. I have checked the bulb and its fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Might be several different things, but if you post a picture of the bulb, maybe someone would be able to confirm if it is or not the bulb? Is it an original bulb? Cheap ones can be faulty and do cause strange startup problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I actually got hit by lightning now. The Epson projector just blinks green a few times then goes back into standby mode, the bulb never tries to energize. My 42 Panasonic plasma just displays a blank screen and keeps turning itself on and off. My dish hoppers hdmi out is blown.

Contacted the insurance company and they want me to take the projector to a repair shop to see how much it is to repair vs replace.

I am not taking a chance on it working for 3 months then crapping out again so I will grip until they give me the money for a new one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heard back from the TV Repair man today. He wrote up a lightning affidavit for me. He said HDMI is shot and motherboard was fried. He recommended replaces as it is not feasible to repair. Ending up costing $20 which is a whole lot less than I was thinking for someone to look at it. Now just have to wait on the insurance, hope they hurry because I already miss the projector.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heard from insurance claim dept today. Ended up being $3200 after depreciation for the projector and 42" Panasonic plasma. We have replacement insurance so if we buy the same products or one with similar specs we can get up to an additiinal $500 if we give them the receipts for anything over the amounts they gave us after depreciation up to $3700. I think I am going with the BenQ so I will not be getting anything back from that but will probably get $200 more on the plasma. Overall pretty happy with the service Allstate provided. Filed the claim Sunday online and money should be direct deposited tomorrow.

Lightning is a crazy thing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ended up going with the w1070 and it came in today. My 1st impression is man this thing is tiny. My epson makes this thing look like a midget. I hooked it up and man this thing is a beauty. The lumens it puts out puts my 1080ub to shame. Even with 4 pod lights and a ceiling fan light with the w1070 in standard mode it looks wonderful where my epson you could barely see it. Ran into one problem though. I am going to have to shift my mount over to the left about a foot. I didn't realize I was using that much lens shift with my epson. I don't know if my epson was defective or what (bulb only had 500 hrs on it) but this projector that cost 1/3 of the price outshines it it every way the little time I have used it.

Also cant wait to try out the 3d with some COD black ops 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts