AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a projector for the basement. I would say 50% gaming, 25% sports, 25% movies. I see a lot of complaints regarding the input lag on the 3000 and the pic quality in fast mode. On the 8350 side I see a lot of concerns surrounding the bulb life. I will be using a 100" screen with a throw distance of 16'. During the day there is a decent amount of light in the basement but at night it will be very dark.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would go with the 3000. I have it it my living room, with very little light control and its really bright. I watch football and hockey and don't notice much lag at all. It's a really bright projector and you have the added bonus of it being 3D.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How is the brightness does the room need to be pricy black or will it still look good with some lighting
If you are inquiring about the 8345, I am projecting on a 100 inch screen at 15 feet on eco mode in a completely dark room and the brightness is very good. If you were to put the projector on a brighter setting, it would compensate for a little light coming in the room, but your contrast and black levels will suffer somewhat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are inquiring about the 8345, I am projecting on a 100 inch screen at 15 feet on eco mode in a completely dark room and the brightness is very good. If you were to put the projector on a brighter setting, it would compensate for a little light coming in the room, but your contrast and black levels will suffer somewhat.
Thanks what screen are you using?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
FYI: If you could move it up a few feet, the Epson HC2000 can be had right now at Amazon for $549 and the lamps only run $99. Unfortunately 16 feet gives me about a 169 inch image on mine. Fast mode does drop the quality.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I had the Epson 8350 for 4 years as my gaming projector/movie/tv setup. It was a great projector with good response time for the heavy amount of online shooter play i did. I had a mostly all dark room setup but occasionally had my curtains open for some air/light. Picture would look a slight bit washed out and so i would jump from Cinema to the Living Room setting to get that extra brightness. Although i did recently upgrade to the Sony 40ES and tried out Batman Arkham Asylum in 3D and it looks amazing. Hell having 3D on a projector is an amazing thing to have, even if you aren't a fan of it, you just might become one. Although the 3500 might be a better option over the 3000 because of the Resolution Upgrade and Fast Mode to reduce your lag by almost half over the 3000 (which lacks those options/update)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts