AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was all set to get the Epson 3000, but now have the chance to get the 3020 for 875 brand new. The unit does have a dent in the casing, which is why it is marked down.

So the question is, is the 3000 that much better than the 3020 picture wise?

I will be installing in a basement with windows and ambient light, main usage will be TV, sports, and Movies. 3d not really important. It will be ceiling mounted so worried about the 3020's lack of lens shift. Also am considering the Optoma hd25e or hd25-lv as a fall back and a cheaper option.

Welcome any thoughts.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
I certainly wouldn't consider the Optoma models over the W1070, but the 3000 and the 3020 shouldn't look that much different. To my knowledge they are using the same LCD chips in them and have a very similar look and feel to the image quality. The 3000 just has a better lens system which allows for far greater placement flexibility. If the 3020 works for you, then by all means, save some cash and use that instead of the 3000. The price you are getting sound excellent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So just found out that the 3020 warranty would probably not be valid. The dealer (online) said that they thought it would, so I called Epson and they said most likely not. After reading through the 3020 thread, it sounds like a lot of people had issues with the 3020 and it took them a couple of replacements before everything was correct. So for those that have the 3020, would no warranty be a deal breaker?

Any other comments on Epson 3000 vs 3020 picture wise. I think the lens shift may be the deciding factor for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts