AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The refurbished 5040, if you can get a good one is probably the best deal out there but in a non light controlled environment and still with a possible 200,000 contrast/ratio and pseudo 4K these "new" 4010s at $1699.99 Canadian direct from Epson may be just the ticket...but only in Canada...eh! ;)

https://epson.ca/For-Home/Projectors/Home-Cinema/Home-Cinema-4010-4K-PRO-UHD-Projector-with-Advanced-3-Chip-Design-and-HDR/p/V11H932020-F

ps. This sale has come up a few times..and again oddly only with Epson Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
The CAD $1697.99 deal is back at Costco Canada for the Epson 4010. Good for me as I can get some cash back as I picked it up for $1997 earlier this month. It’s been great so far. Trialed an Optoma 52ALV and took it back. The build on it was cheap and the limited throw didn’t fit my room. The Epson with motorized lens and its flexibility is great. Optoma a distant second in my eyes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks. I did a side by side and could see no difference. In fact I preferred the Epson.

We don’t use 4K often. There just aren’t many sources and most of my watching is 1080p. And we don't do a lot of gaming.

So for me the cost to upgrade something (other than the Optoma which doesn't meet our throw requirements) to have 18 gb just doesn't make sense - in my case anyway.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Thanks. I did a side by side and could see no difference. In fact I preferred the Epson.

We don’t use 4K often. There just aren’t many sources and most of my watching is 1080p. And we don't do a lot of gaming.

So for me the cost to upgrade something (other than the Optoma which doesn't meet our throw requirements) to have 18 gb just doesn't make sense - in my case anyway.
Netflix and Primevideo are rapidly expanding their 4K content. I much prefer 4K HDR streaming content to 1080P.

The UHD52ALV is considerably more expensive in Canada than the HC4010, AFAIK. Are you sure that it was a UHD52ALV that you tried out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Netflix and Primevideo are rapidly expanding their 4K content. I much prefer 4K HDR streaming content to 1080P.

The UHD52ALV is considerably more expensive in Canada than the HC4010, AFAIK. Are you sure that it was a UHD52ALV that you tried out?
It was an Optoma 52ALV that I tested. Purposely ordered it online at the store with the best return policy. Returned it to the local store last Thursday, two days after delivery. The decision to return it was That easy.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
It was an Optoma 52ALV that I tested. Purposely ordered it online at the store with the best return policy. Returned it to the local store last Thursday, two days after delivery. The decision to return it was That easy.
What store and what price? I am interested in the UHD52ALV, possibly, to replace my UHD50.

thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What store and what price? I am interested in the UHD52ALV, possibly, to replace my UHD50.

thanks.
Costco Canada. It’s currently $2339.99 which is high. Was cheaper before Christmas. I expect it will go on sale and they honour any price reduction for 30 days after purchase. And have a 90 day return policy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts