AVS Forum banner

4901 - 4908 of 4908 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
That's good news. I just had my new-to-me 10500 calibrated by Kris at about 2000 hrs and it looks fantastic with about 17 fl in HDR on a 120" in high laser. Have you used low laser mode?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yes I tried other modes but I need to stay on High Power Consumption and Dynamic to keep a decent picture on my 174"

Reactions: Dr. Niles Crane

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hi guys, i m thinking of getting a used Ls10500 or Ls10000 , depends whichever i find first and cheaper.
My question is does anyone know the gamut coverage of these units , does it do 100% p3 ? Does it have a filter that lower the light output to get there?
Also what is a realistic calibrated lumens from it?
Finally is the Ls10500 just an LS10000 with Hdr capabilities ? Illl be using madvr anyway so i wont need that, but if it has some other improvements it be worth it over the ls10000.

Thank you

Reactions: AmigoHD

·
Registered
171 Posts
I suppose it depends on what sources you use most. MadVR works with ripped files and a BD drive but not with streaming sources. Both units do 95% + P3. Calibrated lumens vary but in best mode I would think about 800lm is average. I'm using an ATV4k and a sony X800M2 to send low latency Dolby vision to an HDFury Diva which maps the video stream to HDR10. That works well for streaming services and disc playback but the dynamic tone mapping afforded by this setup is less capable than MadVR but you need a 10500 for it. So, there you go.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi guys, i m thinking of getting a used Ls10500 or Ls10000 , depends whichever i find first and cheaper.
My question is does anyone know the gamut coverage of these units , does it do 100% p3 ? Does it have a filter that lower the light output to get there?
Also what is a realistic calibrated lumens from it?
Finally is the Ls10500 just an LS10000 with Hdr capabilities ? Illl be using madvr anyway so i wont need that, but if it has some other improvements it be worth it over the ls10000.

Thank you
My LS10k does 102% DCI out of the box in Digital Cinema mode. Yes, it has a filter which costs around 20% brightness. The LS10500 also has a filter (this one is used with it's BT.2020 gamut preset) which costs around 10% brightness.
If you are gonna use either one with madVR you will get a beautiful picture out of them, as long as you always feed 4K with 8bit (dithering in madVR).
Brightness could still be a factor. I get around 35nits on my 3.00m wide 2.40:1 screen in zoom mode on my microperf screen while in Digital Cinema mode (DCI).

Reactions: tnaik4

·
Registered
966 Posts
My LS10k does 102% DCI out of the box in Digital Cinema mode. Yes, it has a filter which costs around 20% brightness. The LS10500 also has a filter (this one is used with it's BT.2020 gamut preset) which costs around 10% brightness.
If you are gonna use either one with madVR you will get a beautiful picture out of them, as long as you always feed 4K with 8bit (dithering in madVR).
Brightness could still be a factor. I get around 35nits on my 3.00m wide 2.40:1 screen in zoom mode on my microperf screen while in Digital Cinema mode (DCI).
35nits is a little low, is that with high laser ? I m geting close to 60nits from my jvc rs440 calibrated in low lamp on a 3m wide screen, i would think my rs440 low lamp would give same light output as an Ls10500 high laser.

·
Registered
455 Posts
35nits is a little low, is that with high laser ? I m geting close to 60nits from my jvc rs440 calibrated in low lamp on a 3m wide screen, i would think my rs440 low lamp would give same light output as an Ls10500 high laser.
mid laser, as high is too noisy for me.

Reactions: tnaik4

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I am running my LS 10000 with a Da-Lite HP 2.8 on high and have beautiful bright picture.

You do not need to feed 8bit it will dither interally when fed 10 or 12bit from my Pana UB 820 for instance. But Madvr should do a better job at that for sure. I am running RGB as mentioned earlier in this thread which seems to result in a tad sharper picture.

4901 - 4908 of 4908 Posts