AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a epson 5010.
Seems to be in good working order, except the aspect ratio. It will not allow me to change it. It's on "normal" now.
Is there a lock on this setting, do I need to open up something else first then adjust it, or is it strictly set by what is feeding it.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
The aspect ratio of the projector is 16:9 and you can't change it. Some projectors have a setting for an A lens that will stretch a 2:35 image to fill the 16:9 display that will then be stretched to a 2:35 image on a 2:35 screen. Yes the input device is what actually determines the final aspect ratio by adding black bars to fill the 16:9 image.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I recently purchased a epson 5010.
Seems to be in good working order, except the aspect ratio. It will not allow me to change it. It's on "normal" now.
Is there a lock on this setting, do I need to open up something else first then adjust it, or is it strictly set by what is feeding it.

Thanks for any info.

Well, there is the other way, alter the signal. Most players allow cropping 2.35:1 to a 16:9 image if that's what you are looking for.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
You really aren't being very specific about what you are trying to accomplish.

You purchased a 16:9 projector designed for 16:9 screens.

If you have something else you are trying to accomplish then this basic and standard setup, then now is a really lousy time to ask since you've already purchased things, but I think you really should be more specific about what you are trying to achieve.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You really aren't being very specific about what you are trying to accomplish.

You purchased a 16:9 projector designed for 16:9 screens.

If you have something else you are trying to accomplish then this basic and standard setup, then now is a really lousy time to ask since you've already purchased things, but I think you really should be more specific about what you are trying to achieve.
I was under the impression that you could change the aspect ratio with this unit. It has the option on the remote and on the pj. But like most manufacturered products I'm assuming they but this option in , but it's not functional until later models.
I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong is basically what it came down to.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The question was very specific, I'm surprised of the weird guesses... OP was asking about the Aspect button/menu options. It's pretty standard settings for most TVs as well. It's all about analog 480 signals, nothing about 2.35 or using lenses or anything else.

I think the aspect ratios is only applied to sources fromthe non-hdmi inputs (like a composite signal from an old cable-box). If you feed a 480i input (maybe 480p too?) that's 4:3, it lets you change the aspect ratio through processing. On my 5020, the selections are "Full" "Zoom" and "Wide". Unfortunately I have no analog source to test it with and verify for you.

Usually "Normal" would put 4:3 with black bars on right and left, "Full" would simply strech the image uniformly to fill the screen, "Zoom" would fill the full screen by cutting away a bar on the top and bottom of the 4:3 image, and "Wide" would fill the screen by stretching the left and right portions of the image.

Edit: It's right there on page 26 of the manual for your projector... Only applies to

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts