AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to score either of these projectors for essentially these same price. Which one would you chose and why? I have a room with mediocre light control, atleast for now. I'm familiar with the epson product, but I 'm having trouble finding reviews and information on the JVC.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
The JVC X7 is the RS50. I had the RS40, the model below it, and there was a problem with the first batch of lamps for this projector series. They dimmed way too quick and would die. JVC's fix was to outfit the lamp cage with a flapper which fixed the issue as it allowed air to move more freely. I currently have the Epson 5030 so saying all that, if you can make sure the RS50 has the lamp with the flapper, pull it out to see metal around air exit with a fin in the middle, or worst case scenario just buy a new lamp with flapper, I think you will find the better native contrast on the RS50/X7 to produce a better image.

Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the info. It didn't occur to me that this was an international model number. I have been finding more info on the RS50 now, so that in and of itself is very helpful. I'm still not really sure which would work best for me. I am a little concerned that the Epson 5020 would be brighter, since I don't have perfect light control I like that idea. However the projector central calculator puts them both at around 22 FL for my setup, which seems a little odd given their specs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts