·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to add on I was able to cancel my order with Audio advice and went with parker Gwen. For the same amount I was able to get 2 years of extended warranty from them

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm may jump on this as well. I was planning on purchasing a 5050 in the next couple months. Unless I'm missing something this appears to have the exact same specs but in Black, which is even better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm may jump on this as well. I was planning on purchasing a 5050 in the next couple months. Unless I'm missing something this appears to have the exact same specs but in Black, which is even better.
Isn’t the HDR tone mapping supposed to be much improved in 5050 (or the 50 series) Vs the 40 series?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm reading that the 5050 does receive some HDR love but pairing the 6040 with a Panasonic UB820 may overcome the HDR failings. Since this will be my first 4K display purchase (been putting it off for as long as possible) I was planning on buying a 4K player anyway.

The only technical spec difference that I have been able to find so far is that the HDMI interface went from 2.0a to 2.0b.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm reading that the 5050 does receive some HDR love but pairing the 6040 with a Panasonic UB820 may overcome the HDR failings. Since this will be my first 4K display purchase (been putting it off for as long as possible) I was planning on buying a 4K player anyway.

The only technical spec difference that I have been able to find so far is that the HDMI interface went from 2.0a to 2.0b.
I have been waiting to jump on a bee projector myself for sometime. I was wanting a NX5 but the prices are still too high for me. Then this deal popped up and I could not pass up. I am coming from a 10-12 year old epson 6500ub so it should be substantial upgrade from that. With extended warranty I am covered for 5 years and during that time native 4K and HDR pricing and performance should be even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Placed my order. If this performs as well as everyone claims it's a great buy for the price.
Excellent. Mine should arrive Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Parker Gwen also has a 10% off code of 'VET' for Veteran's Day that can be applied to this for a total price of ~$1529! Looks like that code is only available for today. I've driven myself crazy constantly refreshing websites and getting alerts for the last few weeks while also considering what Black Friday may bring. But...this is a solid enough deal with 3 years of piece of mind attached. I'm upgrading from an old Epson 710HD (720p) projector with 10,000 hours on the lamp...so pretty much anything is going to amaze me at this point, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,211 Posts
Just to add on I was able to cancel my order with Audio advice and went with parker Gwen. For the same amount I was able to get 2 years of extended warranty from them
Did you have to call them to get the extended warranty? Do these come with factory warranty and if so, for how long?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Parker Gwen 6040UB refurb comes with the 3-year Epson warranty - the listing on their site says,
  • EPSON Pro Cinema refurbished goods come with a 3 year “like new” factory warranty to the consumer. The warranty is not transferable and proof of purchase is required.
You have the option to add an 'extended' warranty to the item before you add it to your cart. Looks like you can use a 5% off coupon on this too if you sign up on their website.

Epson has these listed on their site right now, by the way, if you'd prefer to buy direct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Be aware of Parker Gwen. Their website information is not accurate. I ordered the 6040UB on Nov 16th. I paid full amount. They charged my credit card instantly. When I inquired about the expected shipping date, I was told that Item is on back order and they have no idea about when they will receive units from EPSON.
Here is their response.
"We do not have an ETA as they are rebuilt as received by Epson"

When I asked them "Why are charing full amount now. You should charge when you receive it from EPSON"
their response if below

"We charge to hold your spot so as soon as it is received we fulfill first order as it is paid. I will request cancellation but do not know if this will be possible as it is outside our 24 hour policy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That doesn't surprise me. I figured being refurbs they were coming directly from Epson or a distributor. I received mine 7 business days after I ordered.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Be aware of Parker Gwen. Their website information is not accurate. I ordered the 6040UB on Nov 16th. I paid full amount. They charged my credit card instantly. When I inquired about the expected shipping date, I was told that Item is on back order and they have no idea about when they will receive units from EPSON.
Here is their response.
"We do not have an ETA as they are rebuilt as received by Epson"

When I asked them "Why are charing full amount now. You should charge when you receive it from EPSON"
their response if below

"We charge to hold your spot so as soon as it is received we fulfill first order as it is paid. I will request cancellation but do not know if this will be possible as it is outside our 24 hour policy.
Mine came within 5 days but it was not backordered. Perfect packaging and condition

·
Registered
78 Posts
They appear to be an authorized dealer, at least they state so. I know they are authorized for Klipsch, Martin Logan, and Definitive Technology and are listed as such on those websites. Epson's website doesn't seem to readily list that info.

As for Parker Gwen, I also bought the 6040UB and waited nearly a week before finding out that they were waiting on units from Epson and didn't actually have them on hand. I cancelled that order with no issue/questions about it being past the 24-hour limit. They were going to let me re-use the 10% off from Veteran's day (the day I ordered the 6040) on a new 5050 that would have brought the sale price down to $2519. I ended up snagging a 5050 refurb directly from Epson before I could pull the trigger on that though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
How would the 6040 and a UB820 do better than a 5050 and a UB420? This isn't a baiting question - My system is in need of a refresh and I had thought that the 5050/UB420 combo would be pretty hard to beat for the money when it comes to HDR support .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts