AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey AVS'ers,

I can't exactly tell if I have a defocusing issue or not.

The projector I have seems to be pretty sharp but I don't obsess about calibration. I have my serial number, how do I know if I have a model that may have this problem? Fixed defocus is a S/N ending in S and not L, correct?

One last question, two parts. The 6100 calibration thread/guide is so awesome but I don't want to buy the calibration tools. Are most users finding that their setting adjustments are pretty similar to one another so I could 'borrow' someones setting and perhaps dial my PJ in better than stock? OR should I just stick with my DVD essentials calibration tool and be happy with that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Good question, now I'm wondering the same thing. I got my projector a month ago and my serial number ends with L as well. Anyone know? (mine seems to stay sharp, though, but maybe I'm crazy.)

As for settings, there are reviews of the 6100 that shows some calibration settings. The Theatre Black 1 mode is awfully close to excellent, I'd just stick with that if you don't want to mess around.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip on Theater Black 1, I have been using Theater so that is nice to know that it has been noted as a good setting to use out of the box.

No answer on the S/L thing from anyone out there? I guess it is widely known but I can't search the right terms...

·
Registered
781 Posts
I was using mine last night and there's definitely no defocusing going on. It's the same sharp focus as soon as it's turned on and hours later. Even if I have a pre-fix one, it's a good one I guess!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts