AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally bit the bullet and actually ordered my Epson HC6100. I ordered it from Projector People. I have never ordered from them, but they seemed like as good a place as any (assuming "authorized dealers") and they are AVS sponsors which I like.

I get a call this morning from them (which I thought was great) that said that Epson is opening all 6100 boxes at the factory to check for an "issue" before sending them out and that my projector will drop ship directly from Epson. Lisa (my projector "people") said that she didn't know what the "issue" was, but that it was supposed to be resolved by yesterday, but may be a day longer.

So, a couple things:

1. So far, I like Projector People. We'll see how things pan out, but they called and actually talked with me. Were very pleasant and answered my questions. And seemed generally nice to work with.

2. Does anyone know what the "issue" may be? I've heard about the zoom or focus ring being locked. That is the one that I would imagine would be a "open box, check to see if this thing works, pack back up, ship" kinda problem.

I am not overly concerned since Epson is opening my box and double (hopefully double) QC-ing my projector. Measure twice, ship once

Just checking.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
With all the reports of the focus ring being locked id have to state the obvious and say it appears they have not been QC a first time, sad really.

Maybe they were made in China?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover2002 /forum/post/15473463

With all the reports of the focus ring being locked id have to state the obvious and say it appears they have not been QC a first time, sad really.

Maybe they were made in China?

First I've head of this......can you provide a link to more info?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
My concern here would be if they are trying to dump a "returned" unit onto your lap.

After the refurbished fiasco I went through with Epson with their "This is a brand new unit" tale, I'd be cautious to ever buy from them again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts