AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to solve a problem for my sister-in-law. She has an Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6100 projector. About a month ago she replaced the bulb, and it has been working from that time up until a few days ago. Now, when powering on the projector, it apparently runs its diagnostics and, after a minute or two with no picture, the lamp light starts flashing red.

The manual indicates that this means the bulb needs to be replaced, and if it was just replaced, to be sure that the bulb is properly seated and the bulb cover is properly secured. I did pull the bulb out and re-seated it, and made sure the cover was securely in place, but it is still throwing the lamp light.

When I pulled the bulb out to re-seat it, I inspected it and didn't see anything that suggested it was bad. But I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for. I have heard that sometimes a brand new bulb will fail in the first several hours. Is this common and a likely explanation for this behavior, or is it possible that the projector itself has a problem? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
1. Was this a genuine Epson lamp or OEM equivalent?

*OEM equivalent lamps tend to not last as long and fail unexpectedly.

2. Did the old bulb burn out or just dim?

If the old bulb is still good, may be use it to see if it comes on.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if the lamp was genuine Epson or not. I will check. I will also have her try the old lamp (if she still has it).

Is there something visual that would indicate the lamp has failed (as opposed to simply burned out which I assume would look burned out)?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As an update, we replaced the bulb with a new one (which was an OEM equivalent btw, not genuine Epson) and the projector is functioning now. It's a bummer to eat the cost of the bulb, but a relief that the projector is OK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.