AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All not sure if this is where im surposed to post this? so here is my question all feedback will be extremely appreciated

im in the middle of my theater room renovation and was wondering if the epson 8350 will work with what i have

max ceiling height after finished will be 6' 7"

max screen to projector will be 9' and maybe 2 or3 inches more

100" fixed screen

does anyone know if this will work with the epsons lense shift???

I would really appreciate any and all comments and help with this

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
At 9' lens to screen you will not get 100". You can get about 90" diagonal. You can deal with the low ceiling. I'm not sure any projector will get you 100" at that short of throw. For such a small room, I would look at an 80 to 90" screen - also, that may work better with such a low ceiling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys

The room is actually not that small it's roughly 18.5 x 22 not the biggest but pretty decent.

I am going to take the beam that was restricting my throw distance to only 9ft and im going to recess it up in the ceiling so that the floor joists will be flushed framed and hung instead of on top of the beam the way it's currently installled and that will give me more throw distance. so if i understand it correctly this should work with my low ceiling height as long as i can have more throw distance? epsons 8350 has it listed as 9ft 8 inches for a 100" screen? please correct me if im wrong.

Thanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Make sure you give yourself more than enough throw. Its not exactly good on any lens to be zoomed all the way in or out at all times. I actually have this same projector in a 12x12 room projecting at a 106" screen and I'm nearly maxed out on my lens and not happy about it, but picture quality doesn't suffer so I won't complain. This projector is a very large piece of equipment (that's what she said, can't help myself
) weighing at about 45 pounds. Keep this in mind when going to mount, it will need plenty of support. If you have any questions about the projector itself just let me know.

·
Registered
17,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbergman /forum/post/20861931

Make sure you give yourself more than enough throw. Its not exactly good on any lens to be zoomed all the way in or out at all times. I actually have this same projector in a 12x12 room projecting at a 106" screen and I'm nearly maxed out on my lens and not happy about it, but picture quality doesn't suffer so I won't complain. This projector is a very large piece of equipment (that's what she said, can't help myself
) weighing at about 45 pounds. Keep this in mind when going to mount, it will need plenty of support. If you have any questions about the projector itself just let me know.

The unit weighs about 16 pounds .. where do you get 45 pounds .. ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey Guys just want to say thanks again for all the great input

the question i have is should i install some kind of custom air flow? if so do you guys think i should be taking the hot air out or introducing cool air into the pj area? i am a carpenter/contractor by trade and can have my hvac guy come in and i think between the two of us and your input i can come up with something really custom and keep this massive beast of a pj cool. im a firm beliver that if something is worth doing than it's worth doing it right and doing it once and i want to make this project perfect i will not compromise. any and all input on air flow would be really helpful as this is my first theater room and know nothing about pj's other than what i have been reading. so if air flow is what i need than air flow is what i'll do. now's the time when it is still a frame and just want to do it right the first time Thanks i'll post some pics as i move along.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.