AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found the hidden bit menu on my 8350. I've tried changing a few one at a time but nothing new has appeared on any menus. Anyone have any insight on these and what they do.

Also to get into this

1 hold menu for 8 secs

2 press ESC 2x

3 press right then left

You will then have a window pop up

And then repeat the steps above again

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can not get into the hidden menu following your procedures. I have tried both on the remote and the side panel buttons. How accurate is the 8 sec? I have tried from 6-20sec but without any luck. Can you guys me how you get into this hidden menu for the 8350? Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks spowers777, I was able to get into the hidden menu now. Moved to DIP-SW6 and set Bit 5 to "1" (green bar on the "1"). Still no submenu called Extended. I went back to the hidden menu to check Bit 5 and it is still at "1".

BTW My other bits under DIP-SW6 were at follows:

Bit 0: "0"

Bit 1: "1"

Bit 2: "0"

Bit 3: "1"

Bit 4: "0"

Bit 5: "0" --> set to "1'

Bit 6: "0"

Bit 7: "0"

·
Registered
1 Posts

Absolutely the same thing:

http://iceimg.com/BQ7mWukE/dsc00483][/url ] http://iceimg.com/8NA5h6Zv/dsc00485][/url ] http://iceimg.com/CNhlV5F3/dsc00487][/url ] http://iceimg.com/c-ruXGv9/dsc00488][/url ] http://iceimg.com/bszf107s/dsc00489][/url ] http://iceimg.com/6Jb0ziU9/dsc00490][/url ] http://iceimg.com/SS3URQFh/dsc00491][/url ]

Last screen - Bit5 switched on.

I've tried different languages: rus, eng, ger.. Just in case. No "LCD Align." or anything like this.

If anyone will find out something more, let us know plz!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, I tried the method above in order to get into the DIP switch menu but after entering the sequence, the service menu comes up where I can see the lamp hours, Hz frequencies etc, and when clicking "right" I see a tab with an error log. That's all there is. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what exactly. Any advice?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, I tried the method above in order to get into the DIP switch menu but after entering the sequence, the service menu comes up where I can see the lamp hours, Hz frequencies etc, and when clicking "right" I see a tab with an error log. That's all there is. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what exactly. Any advice?
Oops, missed the "do it again" part. Now I managed to enter. Indeed no extended menu after the change :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
The DP-SW settings don't unlock the "Extended" menu

First off, thanks for posting info on how to get into the secret menu. I at least had hope that I could converge the colors like the more expensive models in the family. It makes no sense to me why Epson did not include that option on the lower models.

Here's the bad news. I have a buddy with the Epson 8500 that has the Extended menu that allows you to converge colors at different points on the screen. You can look up the users manual if you want to see how it works. I had him get into the hidden menu and check his dip switch settings. They are exactly the same settings as the 8350 you have posted above as well as the 8100, the model I have.

So my only conclusion is that the dip switch settings in this hidden menu are not the way to expose the Extended menu. Also, the fact that Epson sends used replacement projectors to people and don't bother to check and calibrate the convergence leads me to believe that there might not be a way to do it, or they're really lazy.

If anyone finds a way to converge the colors, please post it here.

On a positive note, playing with the advanced sharpness settings did help a lot to hide the misalignment. Just a few clicks to the left helped mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone.....brand new to the forum. Looks like I may have screwed myself here but going to ask anyway. I bought a used 8350 about 6 months back with the expectation of setting it up and enjoying some movies with the family. As with many of us life got in the way and it wasn't until this weekend when we were all quarantined that we got around to setting it up.

Imagine my surprise when I booted it up and my convergence was off. I couldn't find a menu option to adjust so a quick google search brought me here. Has anybody found a way to do this or did I just hook up a boat anchor? I would appreciate any hep or insight!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hello Everyone.....brand new to the forum. Looks like I may have screwed myself here but going to ask anyway. I bought a used 8350 about 6 months back with the expectation of setting it up and enjoying some movies with the family. As with many of us life got in the way and it wasn't until this weekend when we were all quarantined that we got around to setting it up.

Imagine my surprise when I booted it up and my convergence was off. I couldn't find a menu option to adjust so a quick google search brought me here. Has anybody found a way to do this or did I just hook up a boat anchor? I would appreciate any hep or insight!
Hi,

I'm sorry, but I'm under the impression that this is a complete myth. Newer Epson models have an option to digitally adjust for convergence, but it's readily accessible through the basic menus. With these older models, I don't think this is possible at all. Hopefully, someone here might be able to say for sure. Meanwhile, you can post a photo of said convergence problem and we can try to figure out if it's actually related to an LCD panel misalignment, as I've seen a few of these projectors being sold with impossible to fix color convergence problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm sorry, but I'm under the impression that this is a complete myth. Newer Epson models have an option to digitally adjust for convergence, but it's readily accessible through the basic menus. With these older models, I don't think this is possible at all. Hopefully, someone here might be able to say for sure. Meanwhile, you can post a photo of said convergence problem and we can try to figure out if it's actually related to an LCD panel misalignment, as I've seen a few of these projectors being sold with impossible to fix color convergence problems.

Here is what I'm dealing with. :-(

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
aw man... i was really hoping to solve the slight (one or 2 pixel) misconvergence on my 8350. i noticed on epsons website that its in a menu thats simply not here on this projector... disappointing that not even a secret menu can access it. if theres some kind of program i can use on my laptop to correct it on the input side, that would be nice.

its not really that bad, but annoying nonetheless since i love my unit otherwise, and solving that issue would just about perfect it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The DP-SW settings don't unlock the "Extended" menu

First off, thanks for posting info on how to get into the secret menu. I at least had hope that I could converge the colors like the more expensive models in the family. It makes no sense to me why Epson did not include that option on the lower models.

Here's the bad news. I have a buddy with the Epson 8500 that has the Extended menu that allows you to converge colors at different points on the screen. You can look up the users manual if you want to see how it works. I had him get into the hidden menu and check his dip switch settings. They are exactly the same settings as the 8350 you have posted above as well as the 8100, the model I have.

So my only conclusion is that the dip switch settings in this hidden menu are not the way to expose the Extended menu. Also, the fact that Epson sends used replacement projectors to people and don't bother to check and calibrate the convergence leads me to believe that there might not be a way to do it, or they're really lazy.

If anyone finds a way to converge the colors, please post it here.

On a positive note, playing with the advanced sharpness settings did help a lot to hide the misalignment. Just a few clicks to the left helped mine.
Hi there fellow,
I just read that some one yo9u know has had a projector with Extended Menu Settings on it where he could take care of the color convergence. Was the model you were talking about Epson 8500ub ? Also was the extended settings in there by default or had to be unlocked some how, are you able to confirm that some how, it's very important to me for now and might do me a huge fav, :D
Thanks,
Saad

·
Registered
2 Posts
aw man... i was really hoping to solve the slight (one or 2 pixel) misconvergence on my 8350. i noticed on epsons website that its in a menu thats simply not here on this projector... disappointing that not even a secret menu can access it. if theres some kind of program i can use on my laptop to correct it on the input side, that would be nice.

its not really that bad, but annoying nonetheless since i love my unit otherwise, and solving that issue would just about perfect it.
Hi were you able to solve your prob with convergence ? 1 or 2 misaligned pixels can be brought down to 0.5 pixel and it does feel like a good achievement,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts