AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some opinions on these two projectors. I can get either for the same price, so which would be better. This is for a 92" (either 1.0 or 0.8 gain) screen in a low light media room. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I would like some opinions on these two projectors. I can get either for the same price, so which would be better. This is for a 92" (either 1.0 or 0.8 gain) screen in a low light media room. Any thoughts?
I would vote for the W1070.

A) Because I have one and am happy with it
B) Because I hate to see the screen door effect on LCD projectors and I like to sit close

·
Registered
920 Posts
There's some info you should share first before an opinion can be given.

What throw distance are you planning on? What is your planned seating distance? Do you know if you're sensitive to the rainbow effect or not?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a Samsung DLP 50" TV for several years and never noticed a rainbow effect so I would say negative on that. The sitting distance would be approx. 8 to 10 feet in a light controlled room. I usually like to watch with a little ambient light and would assume my wife and kids will do the same, however this is not going to be in a living room and only has one window that has blackout shades and curtains. I planned on mounting the projector on the ceiling and the room is only 12' by 12' with 11' ceiling. I know the projector will have to be on a mount with a pretty good drop to mate up with the screen. Also, would it be advisable to go with a 1.0 or 0.8 gain screen?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts