AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

I bought a used Epson 9500UB with about 850 lamp hours after testing the Benq W1070, Epson HC 3020 and 8350... Though all three are excellent projectors with strengths and weaknesses, I just need deeper blacks
. The 9500UB arrived today and my first thought was "wow, how the hell is such a deep black possible on my white canvas". But after the first impression I noticed some small pale yellow color "clouds" in the left third of the screen (and also slight yellows on the top right corner). These are only visible on bright projections... in darker or pure black scenes there is nothing to see at all.

There are also kind of stripes in the yellow colored regions... barely visible. Could you give me an advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Negative! I used the full focus range with absolutely no change in shape or sharpness of the yellow clouds. I also tried to clean the lens surface with a wipe for glasses... no change.

I think I'll try to make some good pictures and will send them to epson. There's still about 18 months of warranty. Maybe I'm lucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts