AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a clue how to output audio from this projector? It doesnt have an AUX or coaxial output? Or could I send a signal via ARC to the receiver, even when this hdmi isnt in use for picture ?

For example: computer connected to the projector, and I want to also output the sound digitally to the receiver. The projector would at all times be connected to the receiver, but in this case the video source would be throughg HDMI port 2 aka computer, instead of via port 1 (HDCP2.2) aka the receiver. Could I then send the sound from projector to receiver?

Sorry if it sounds complex, but its actually a simple dillemma!

·
Registered
43 Posts
everything needs to run thru the receiver, connection is any source ---> receiver ---> projector, if you are connecting a laptop thru the 15 pin connector then your audio out from laptop needs to connect to receiver, i doubt it has ARC so u cannot connect a source directly to the projector

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Treat a projector the same way you do a typical computer monitor. Most don't have audio out (some do), but the best choice is to connect the audio to a different device first. In this case, you should connect all your sources to your AV receiver, then on to the projector using a single cable. Almost no projectors have ARC or audio out built in. That's just not how they are designed.

·
Registered
591 Posts
There is no ARC in the 7300 so as others have stated, it's your end point. Everything funnels through your receiver with the hdmi out to the projector. Think they have a UST with ARC. Definitely not common unless maybe on the smart projectors that have androidtv, webos and similar built in.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts