AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So I owned a Epson EH-TW6000 for a few years now and it's way past warranty. However just today I suddenly half the screen start displaying this really weird pattern. It's kinda blue in color. And it is VERY OBVIOUS when it is on BLUE screen. Almost not visible on black and not so much on other colors. It's hard to describe please see the photos I have attached. The photo is taken with Iphone so it's not as pronounced as it actually is.

It will really be great if someone can help to see if I can fix it somehow by myself. I live in Singapore so I know it will costs a lot to repair electronics after the warranty and I find it quite difficult to buy a new one currently as one. Thank you for the help in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi,

this happens even when there is no input device connected to the projector, right?

This is probably related to a defect with the connection in the blue LCD ribbon cable; it is also possible that the motherboard itself is scrambling the signal for that colour. Usually, connection problems with the LCD cables cause vertical or horizontal lines, so I think this is probably worse than that. Anyway, you can try to open the projector and unplug the blue LCD ribbon cable then plug it again. If you do it while the projector is running, you can get a better feel for the connection problem. Be careful! Use plastic gloves. If you're not comfortable doing this, find some repair shop where they can try doing it. Even when there is just a connection problem, sometimes this cable operation doesn't fix it, and sometimes it makes it worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

this happens even when there is no input device connected to the projector, right?

This is probably related to a defect with the connection in the blue LCD ribbon cable; it is also possible that the motherboard itself is scrambling the signal for that colour. Usually, connection problems with the LCD cables cause vertical or horizontal lines, so I think this is probably worse than that. Anyway, you can try to open the projector and unplug the blue LCD ribbon cable then plug it again. If you do it while the projector is running, you can get a better feel for the connection problem. Be careful! Use plastic gloves. If you're not comfortable doing this, find some repair shop where they can try doing it. Even when there is just a connection problem, sometimes this cable operation doesn't fix it, and sometimes it makes it worse.

Thank you Descalabro for your quick and helpful reply. I am really grateful for that. So I can open up the projector and try to replug the cable? (the right side cable in your image right?)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You’re welcome. It’s the cable on the left in the photo. It should be indicated on the motherboard “blue”. Be careful when you open the projector, you need to disconnect the button menu cable. And, in order to turn the projector on without the plastic cover, you need to keep a safety button pressed while it is running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Descalabro,

Do you know where is the safe button and the button menu cable goes to where? Now that the plastic cover is removed I have no idea where the button menu cable suppose to be.

Best,

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi Descalabro,

Do you know where is the safe button and the button menu cable goes to where? Now that the plastic cover is removed I have no idea where the button menu cable suppose to be.

Best,

I meant there is a cable that connects the buttons on the cover to the motherboard. You must have seen it.

The button to keep the projector running is usually near the lamp. Find something heavy to keep it pressed.

Check this video of an older model:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, so there's a new problem now, while I pressed the button to keep it running and on the projector, it turns on for a few second, I see light being on and shines into the lens, however soon after the lamp goes off and the fan makes a loud sound and then eventually even the fan will just be off by itself.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Okay, so there's a new problem now, while I pressed the button to keep it running and on the projector, it turns on for a few second, I see light being on and shines into the lens, however soon after the lamp goes off and the fan makes a loud sound and then eventually even the fan will just be off by itself.

That’s what’s happening in the video. Did you disconnect any fan cable? Remember, don’t do this if you’re not sure about what you’re doing. Like I said, it’s unlikely that you’ll get it fixed, anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts