AVS Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
"According to the latest figures, the video game business is now larger than both the movie and music industries combined, making it a major industry in entertainment. This year, the global games market is estimated to generate US$152.1 billion from 2.5 billion gamers around the world.2"

Yes looks like you might be outdated as it is a very big, popular means of entertainment for a lot of people suepposedley ;)

IMO best solution for gaming is a 77 inch OLED. Even JVC N9 lacks HDMI 2.1, VRR, 120hz, ALLM, Gsync which all improve gaming responsiveness, smoothness and tearing/visual artefacts.
Video games HDR is far more demanding than film HDR too sadly.

Input lag is important but nearly all PJ and TV brands have that well under control. 1 decade ago, they didn't but since gaming has become so popular, it is now a very important point for any display manufacturer :)

I agree, I wouldn't either. I think DLP only good for 3D motion and no crosstalk. Epson blows it out of the water and the premium lens features like vertical and horizontal lens shifts are fantastic.
I know the industry is huge but I would still reckon that in the projector side of the market most will still use them for movie/TV use before gaming, though in the US projectors are increasingly replacing TVs so maybe I am wrong as usual once more. LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
I know the industry is huge but I would still reckon that in the projector side of the market most will still use them for movie/TV use before gaming, though in the US projectors are increasingly replacing TVs so maybe I am wrong as usual once more. LOL
You are most likely right but I don’t think that takes anything away from someone who is buying a projector for gaming and wanting the best possible performance.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts