AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Epson just announced at the IFA a new UST 4k projector, it seem to be released in October. (We can already found some german website that sell or pre-sale it). Any info is welcome :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Reactions: mirodk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If all the rest is good it's ok for me, the resolution is not the most important for me, and I want a projector with low input lag, so for the moment I was waiting for the optoma, but this one could have a better picture in general.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
For a regular family room this type of projector is perfect, everything from amp, blu-ray, screen and projector all in the same place.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This one has my attention. I thought about the LS 100, but the fact that it's over 2 years old, 1080p, 16:10 native and questionable contrast made me hesitate.

Hopefully this one will address the contrast issue. Seems that since the 5050 is renowned for it's contrast that Epson could figure it out;)

Also considering the Optoma P1, but I hate paying for features I don't want such as built in soundbar, smart functions, etc.

Any idea of U.S. availability?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
F*** YEAH! I was SO hoping Epson would announce a refresh to the LS100 at IFA/CEDIA, it just makes sense since UST projectors are really ramping up and becoming popular as "TV replacements" and the LS100 was getting a bit long in the tooth! I am ALL about this! They should definitely get a piece of this market!

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Duplicate thread please delete

DUPLICATE: PLEASE GO TO:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/3089168-epson-eh-ls500b-eh-ls500w-ust-projector.html

Epson announces their new 130-inch, 3LCD, 4K UST at IFA:

From https://www.epson-middleeast.com/insights/article/epson-launches-big-screen-tv-alternative-at-ifa

EH-LS500W/B key features:

• Ultra-short-throw
  • Up to 130-inch display
  • 4K PRO-UHD 1
  • HDR10 & HLG (18Gbps)
  • 100 – 10,000nit HDR range
  • Laser light source
  • 3LCD Technology
  • Equally high white and colour light: 4,000 lumens
  • 2,500,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
  • Detail Enhancement
  • Long-lasting laser light source - watch your favourite content for the next 10 years 2
  • Five-year warranty (or 12,000 hours)
  • Optional Wi-Fi connectivity (via adapter ELPAP10)
  • 2 x Built-in 10w speaker
  • iProjection
  • HDMI inputs x3

1 - 20 of 218 Posts