AVS Forum banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Epson EH-LS500B 4K Ultra Short Throw Laser Projector Review

"The projector's native contrast (full on / full off, auto backlight off) is approximately 1100: 1 in all modes except Dynamic, which is approximately 1800: 1. Dynamic contrast is about 3500: 1 (laser damping is used to draw very dark scenes) in all modes except "Dynamic", in which it was 11207: 1."

·
Registered
461 Posts
They are advertising 16.7ms input lag at 4k/60. Those of you waiting for a 4K UST with decent lag times, here you go.
Another user posted a sites video review that says it's 28ms. For most of us that aren't competitive gamers, I don't know if it really makes THAT much of a difference. My HU85 is even slower, but I don't have any issues playing on it in Game mode.

·
Registered
721 Posts
You’re probably referring to the HDTVtest review. I believe Vincent uses the old 1080p model of the Bodnar device. Kraine has the 4K version and tested it at 20ms. Maybe Epson figured out how to eek out a bit more since the UK release. If the numbers are true, 16.7ms is nothing to sneeze at and ranks it among the fastest of projectors regardless of throw.

·
Registered
461 Posts
You’re probably referring to the HDTVtest review. I believe Vincent uses the old 1080p model of the Bodnar device. Kraine has the 4K version and tested it at 20ms. Maybe Epson figured out how to eek out a bit more since the UK release. If the numbers are true, 16.7ms is nothing to sneeze at and ranks it among the fastest of projectors regardless of throw.
Yes, I believe that was the one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Everyone seems to say 28ms input lag and Vincent says didn't matter what the processing was which I find hard to believe.

What is Epsons 16ms claim at? 1080 or 4k?

Anyone know of any properly conducted tests?
Specifically 4k60 hdr?

And as it is flashing 1080 twice is it possible it could ever do 1080p120?

I have it and would be happy to play Call of Duty if I knew was 16.8ms but I don't.
I would say once game mode on it does get a bit blurry compared to other modes.
I had it with a changhong chic lenticular screen and compared to a tab tensioned white screen blacks and colours were great.
Much better than Vincent's video.

Currently using a changhong fresnel screen which has more alr effect but narrower viewing angle , more relections and can see some reflections on white ceiling.

I have some draper screens I'm testing.
One material is xh800 for ust. Assume it is the same as XH800X. Difficult to find any info on material used.
Anyone used it? Is it lenticular?

On a major lockdown in London at the moment so can't open it till can get some help putting it up.

What I can say about this projector is that has by far the best hdr I have seen. Great on Marvel films. And better than the Epson eh7400 in my opinion.
Would be super hard to setup from ceiling and you need a fair bit of real estate in front of screen as big unit and needs about 80cm 32inches from back of unit to screen to get 100inch image.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually just read Kraine's review. Wonder why everyone else coming up with 28-30ms and Epson saying 16.8ms.
Would HDR slow it down?

221 - 228 of 228 Posts