AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Interesting, they went with the 3LCD instead of DLP. Good for them. And 4000 lumens. Brighter than most of the other guys and 130" instead of 120 very nice. I am interested in the calibrated measurements.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
3D?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
You guys do know this is an E-shift projector and not native 4K.
Yeah that part doesn't bother me as long as the performance is there where I'm interested.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If all the rest is good it's ok for me, the resolution is not the most important for me, and I want a projector with low input lag, so for the moment I was waiting for the optoma, but this one could have a better picture in general.

Not sure the Optoma's going to help you there, with 55ms. Not seen any details if there's a "gaming" mode you can put it in, but that's going to really affect FPSes.

Am hoping this Epson will have less lag!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Some more info here:
https://www.epson-middleeast.com/insights/article/epson-launches-big-screen-tv-alternative-at-ifa

EH-LS500W/B key features:

• Ultra-short-throw
  • Up to 130-inch display
  • 4K PRO-UHD 1
  • HDR10 & HLG (18Gbps)
  • 100 – 10,000nit HDR range
  • Laser light source
  • 3LCD Technology
  • Equally high white and colour light: 4,000 lumens
  • 2,500,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
  • Detail Enhancement
  • Long-lasting laser light source - watch your favourite content for the next 10 years 2
  • Five-year warranty (or 12,000 hours)
  • Optional Wi-Fi connectivity (via adapter ELPAP10)
  • 2 x Built-in 10w speaker
  • iProjection
  • HDMI inputs x3

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Epson LS500 Ultra Short Throw 4K

These UST projectors seem to be the future if the picture quality is really good. What’s been the consensus for picture quality for the most recent ones that have been released? How is the upscaling processing as well?
Edit: not for gaming though if the input lag is 40-55 ms. Way too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
These UST projectors seem to be the future if the picture quality is really good. What’️s been the consensus for picture quality for the most recent ones that have been released? How is the upscaling processing as well?
Edit: not for gaming though if the input lag is 40-55 ms. Way too high.

Future? It's already present for USTs and picture is awesome. Don't care for gaming so input lag isn't an issue, I have VR for that which is actually the future of media consumption with large image. Occasionally I watch netfix on my Oculus Quest and it's decent. Of course I prefer my UST projector because VR is not comfortable for long sessions yet and image still could use improvement.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Future? It's already present for USTs and picture is awesome. Don't care for gaming so input lag isn't an issue, I have VR for that which is actually the future of media consumption with large image. Occasionally I watch netfix on my Oculus Quest and it's decent. Of course I prefer my UST projector because VR is not comfortable for long sessions yet and image still could use improvement.

Present huh. Really? How many people out of a 100 have one in their home right now? They aren’t even a blip on the radar right now with U.S. consumers, and likely won’t be for at least 2-3 years min. Likely longer.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Is this a re-design of the LS10500 that has been re-packaged for UST? If it is, it's a bargain.

It's not. LS10500 is miles ahead...RLCD, superp laser diming + manual iris and much more. The UST does what it's name tells you. ultra short throw. That's it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow that’s way worse than I was expecting. Thanks for the link

Judging from those numbers alone I agree with you, but watching movies on it it’s quite enjoyable. I usually prefer it over my Panasonic oled for most of the content.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Present huh. Really? How many people out of a 100 have one in their home right now? They aren’t even a blip on the radar right now with U.S. consumers, and likely won’t be for at least 2-3 years min. Likely longer.

I meant laser USTs they have been out for a while, I had one for a year almost, this Epson just got announced among of other interesting options. Although, I've decided to order P1 to upgrade from my Xiaomi.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Not sure the Optoma's going to help you there, with 55ms. Not seen any details if there's a "gaming" mode you can put it in, but that's going to really affect FPSes.

Am hoping this Epson will have less lag!

Kaine told me that it's possible that the input lag will be around '24 ms like the TW9400', however he didn't test it, I think it's only assumption based on the hardware. My sony HW55-ES as 22ms and this is enough for me to play every kind of game, so I hope this will be true, we will see when it will be reviewed

21 - 40 of 228 Posts