AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tipping projector upside down and sideways picture became washed in deep blue or purple. Tried repeating tipping and I heard something sliding inside that sounded a lot like a glass lens or glass sheet. The picture returned to normal just as I heard the sound.
Could this be something to do with the blue chip? I have a replacement chip but now I am not sure if this is the issue. Also I am not sure how to remove the dlp and do not want to break the one I have to pull from my other powerlite.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
After tipping projector upside down and sideways picture became washed in deep blue or purple. Tried repeating tipping and I heard something sliding inside that sounded a lot like a glass lens or glass sheet. The picture returned to normal just as I heard the sound.
Could this be something to do with the blue chip? I have a replacement chip but now I am not sure if this is the issue. Also I am not sure how to remove the dlp and do not want to break the one I have to pull from my other powerlite.
Hi,

What do you mean by DLP? Chips on Epson projectors are LCD technology. Unless someone tried really hard to unscrew them, it's very unlikely that one became loose. It may happen that there's a contact problem on the ribbon cable that connects the LCD chips to the mainboard, which you could try to unplug and plug again without much difficulty. But this doesn't seem to relate to the sound you described.

If you heard something loose when you turned the projector upside down, the only lens I can think of that may get loose is the second square lens after the lamp, but even this seems unlikely. You could open it and check that lens, or check whatever it is that became loose.

What model is the projector?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts