AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Price reduction - 4/13/15

Asking $650 since it comes with a brand spankin’ new bulb (~$300 new) and spare used bulb (less than 1,000 hrs maybe?) - more info below...

I’m selling my “two-years used by me” Epson 7500UB projector that has been ceiling mounted in a dedicated media room, in a smoke-free, pet-free, children-free environment. I believe that I am only the second owner, having bought locally via CL back in Jan 2013 as the previous owner wanted to get into 3D. This PJ was essentially used on weekends only, and sometimes not at all. Average use under my ownership was not even 1hour/day, which I understand is a criminal offense on these here Forums (ha!). The only reason I am selling is that I just upgraded to an Epson 5020UBe that I bought from another local AVS member. You know, one of dem offers that I just couldn’t refuse… :)

Note that the 7500UB has been professionally calibrated twice by Jeff Meier of AccuCal (umr) – a full-blown calibration back in May 2013, and a recent tune-up in Jan 2015 (both reports available if requested) on HDMI 2 input. The recent calibration was done with a brand new, genuine Epson bulb which I ordered directly from Epson, and only has 19 hours on it, IIRC. The previous bulb will also be included, though I can only confirm the 681 hours I put on it in just over two years. The original bulb had shown 254 hours when I bought the PJ, but don’t know if the prev. owner had ever reset it before selling. I switched out the old bulb at 935 hours. The attached pictures show the PJ ceiling-mounted back in Jan 2015, right after I made and installed a simple sheet metal hush box…always tweaking!

Info from the Epson website:
1600 lumens color, 1600 lumens white light output1 (ISO 21118)
Up to 75,000:1 contrast ratio
D7 C2Fine® TFT technology for greater image detail
Built-in HQV processor
Color isolation feature for easy adjustments
120 Hz FineFrame™ tech. for smoother video
Preset color space selection
Anamorphic scaling mode
ISF calibration for customized viewing
Cinema filter for true-to-life color
Fujinon lens with 2.1 zoom ratio
12-bit panel driver for smoother gradations
Auto iris function for optimum speed/quality

I’ve been very happy with the performance of this PJ, esp. with a completely light-controlled room. FWIW, I was projecting about 16’ onto a 135” Elite Screens CineWhite screen (1.1 gain) and always in ECO mode. This mode had my light output at the low end of the recommended range, though I accepted this to keep the fan noise low. I also had any video processing features and auto-iris turned off, though checked out the FineFrame interpolation feature only out of curiosity (low was even too much for my tastes). I did have the PJ serviced locally right after I bought it in Jan 2013, to clean out what I thought might be dust particles when viewing a static black image. It seemed to do the trick, and I haven’t really noticed any other abnormalities since.

Asking $650 OBO since it comes with a brand spankin’ new bulb (~$300 new) and spare used bulb (less than 1,000 hrs maybe?). The PJ also comes with original factory remote, lens cap, and power cord. I might have a printout of the manual that I will gladly include if I find it. There was no original box when I bought it, but will be safely packed for shipment if a buyer is not local (shipping at cost). Local buyers are welcome to come demo at my house, or I could even bring it to your house if that makes more sense.

Cash preferred for local buyers, Paypal gladly accepted for non-local, though would ask that we split any pesky fees? Feel free to ask any questions you might have about this PJ. This PJ was my first one ever, bought as part of my media room upgrades in early 2013, and would gladly recommend this to someone else just starting to get into this great hobby…

I have 100% FB on ebay and A'gon, though haven’t been too active on either one lately.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price reduction - 4/13/15

Asking $650 - see original post above for full details...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts