AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of rounding out my equipment selection for my soon-to-be-completed HT (sheyeah, I wish!) and was wondering what DVD player you selected to drive your projector and why did you select it?

Given the specs of the TW-100, the only technological feature I think I need to be concerned with (without going with some $3000 piece of outboard equipment) is progressive scan but wanted to be absolutely sure I don't miss the boat on something major.

Since I've pretty much just blew out my budget on construction costs, the TW-100, the speakers and the receiver, the DVD player is going to have to take what's left which ain't a heck of a lot.

I've narrowed my selection down to the Panasonic RP62 and Toshiba SD-3800. The major complaint on the Panny seems to be the layout of the remote. Other than that, people seem to really like the unit. People seem to also like the Toshiba, too.

I looked into the Denon 3800 but almost fell over when I saw the $1000 price tag. D'OH! I also wouldn't have minded one of those Movi units but too much coin.

Oh well. Hopefully I've put my money in the right places and have rightfully put the DVD player last on the list with the least amount of the budget.

I would love to hear the justification and thought process you went through when selecting your player and what you like about it as well as what you would do different given the opportunity.

Thanks in advance!

- Ed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.