AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Trying to decide between the Epson Pro Cinema 7100 and the Home Cinema 6500 projectors. I can't seem to find any information on this forum about the 7100, so I figured I may as well post.

We were originally interested in the 7500 UB, but since we're also going to be purchasing the Anthem AVM 50 v2 some of the features may be redundant.

My question is, aside from the 75000:1 vs. 18000:1 contrast ratio (and is it really that noticeable?) is there anything that we would be giving up by not going for the 7500 or 6500 and going for the 7100?

All of this keeping in mind that the Anthem AVM 50v2 will have it's share of processing, scaling, etc.

As always, any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Read the official 6500 review at projectorreviews.com and the blog entry for 6100. It should give you enough info to make a decision. Also this is the comparison of the two from the 6500 review -

"This is easy - standard vs ultra high contrast. The Home Cinema 6100 sells for under $2000 in the US, roughly at 2/3 the price of the Epson. The brightness is almost identical. The 6500UB, of course wins in black levels, the big difference between these two. Of course, the 6500UB also has frame interpolation, but, considering its implementation, based on our sample unit, many people will not use it for anything but sports viewing.

If you just want a classic 1080p projector with good black level performance, and a great price, go with the 6100. If you are an enthusiast, in persuit of the best possible image, and that usually means black level performance is a big consideration, then scrape up the extra dollars, because if you settle for the 6100, even if it fully pleases you, you are likely to spend a lot of time agonizing whether you should have dug deeper for the top of the line Epson."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.