AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post this, but the search function is down and could not look elsewhere. Am curious about what other Epson owners, or projector owners in general are doing for connectivity. I have one component video input that I have my dvd to. I also have a VGA port that they say can take a component to VGA plug (does this degrade or limit pixel use?). I guess I could make that connector- have some Canare components I play with). I also have an S video input but the minimum run is about 20 feet because of the path wires have to travel- my recollection is over 15' for S is a problem. Was hoping when my cable company goes to high def, could use the VGA port. Games to the video in and I am not sure what else I would need. Any thoughts? Appreciate what I am sure is a rudimentary question for most.

Another question while I have the intelligencia here- used AVIA to calibrate my projector- basement with light controlled- most settings were not far off factories (1 or 2) except black level which was -18?????? Using the back and forth bars that was how far down before the left bar could be barely seen. Obviously I was uncomfortable with such a different setting (as others have told me theirs were close to factory) but the picture looks great. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.